Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

Lucky Seven

I’ve been tagged for the Lucky 7 meme by the lovely ladies Claudia Schiffer and Rebecca Clare Smith—both ages ago. I’ve been rather inactive with my blog lately, thanks to exams and a programming course, which will luckily end soon. In two weeks’ time I’m going to Menorca, Spain for a week's holiday. Looking forward to that :)

Anyway, here's the seven lines from page 77 of my WIP, starting from line seven. Looks like we landed in the middle of a conversation:
“The boys ran off terrified, but I recognized something in Lheyr. It was the spark of magic—I was drawn to it like a gossip bird to a blabbermouth.”
“We all know the story of Mount Noir. Humans say it shows how evil we shapeshifters are. Shapeshifters say it shows how evil humans can be. I was spared from the worst, but my younger brother was raised as a mutt because he refused to take any other form. He was kicked around, chained to the wall and if I hadn’t fed him half of my meals, he would have died.”
Some of the people I meant to tag have already been tagged, so I'm just pointing you to their Lucky 7 entries:
1. Lena Corazon
2. David A. Ludwig
3. Meg McNulty
And here are the ones I'm actually tagging:
4. Timony Souler
5. Lissa Bilyk
6. Stevie McCoy
7. Sonia Lal

P.S.
Please take part in Rebecca Clare Smith’s SatSunTails blog challenge. Challenges begin every Saturday and end Monday 1 pm GMT.

Also take a look at Timony Souler's new DiceGames challenge. It was a lot of fun last time!

4 comments:

  1. Just dropping by to say hi! Sorry it has been a while, I have been busy with A-Z and afterwards just needed a bit of a break.

    Your WIP sounds great. 'gossip bird to a blabbermouth' lol, very original.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello :)
      No problem, I had a bit of break as well.

      Thank you, 'gossip bird' is another name for the virra-bird. They're annoying little thing which eavesdrop and then sell what they've learned.

      Delete
  2. oh wow. thanks. Sounds like an interesting story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, I remember reading a bit of one of your works in progress and liked it.

      Delete